Ministry of Gossip THE GOSPEL ON CELEBRITY AND POP CULTURE

Ministry of Gossip THE GOSPEL ON CELEBRITY AND POP CULTURE

Posted In:


She has a new clean-cut image, has undergone a dramatic weight loss and is enjoying a career revival thanks to her new reality series and a stint on Dancing On Ice.

And despite her complete life makeover, Kerry Katona insists that she was never addicted to drugs.

Looking back, the 30-year-old says of that 'dark period': 'I was never an addict, I was more of an abuser.'


'I feel amazing': Kerry Katona insists she was never addicted to drugs but says she was 'an abuser'

So, she insists, staying clean hasn't been hard. 'I'm not struggling at all,' she tells New! magazine. 'I feel amazing.'

Despite living a drug-free lifestyle, Kerry allows herself the occasional raucous night out.

The reality star was pictured looking worse for wear on a recent girls night with The Only Way Is Essex star Amy Childs, Nicole McLean and Danielle Brown.


'Dark period': Kerry, pictured at the height of her drug problems during her infamous This Morning interview in 2008, tells New magazine that she is 'not struggling' to stay clean

She admits, laughing, 'Tipsy is not the word. I was absolutely stonking! We’re still
talking about it now.

'The last time I got drunk before last Wednesday was November. It’s not that I don’t drink – if I go to the pub in the afternoon I’ll have half a lager and lime.

'But it was a  girls’ night out, which I’m sure every young girl does. I am only 30 after all!


Girls night: Despite her new clean lifestyle, Kerry admits to enjoying the odd raucous night out with friends Nicola McLean, Amy Childs and Danielle Brown

Kerry is often seen out with Amy Childs and Nicola McLean as well as Peter Andre and Elen Rivas.

The group share the same management and stick together. Of rising star Amy Childs, she says: 'She’s become a good friend. She texts me all the time, she’s a lovely girl.'

The healthy and fit Kerry is far cry from the one just two years ago. At her lowest point, she admits to not remembering 'chunks' of her children's lives because she was so 'off her head'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...